Our community outreach pod supports health community health concerns and needs through partnerships like MALO and USC Street Medicine. Community outreach's events include:
- a 2023 Kisina Health Fair with Motivating Action Leadership Opportunity (MALO) in which they discussed and practiced health traditional recipe substitutions, insurance enrollment, and sustainable gardening activities.
- Social media campaigns on nutrition with MALO
- their Southern California Health Equity speaker series in which health professionals visit Pomona College's campus and give lectures related to healthcare equity and disparities
- a fundraiser for food supplies for University of Southern California (USC) Street Medicine and aid for Universal Community Health Center after a damaging storm
- A Health Needs Assessment for MALO and the Joslyn Senior Center
Upcoming events for the 2023-2024 school year include a Talanoa publication, health-related workshops for the Joslyn Senior Center, food pick-ups and social needs assessments at Parktree Community Health Center, and continued fundraising for USC Street Medicine.